50th Anniversary Celebrations
Starting in October 2018, Cross View is excited to be celebrating 50 years of ministry! October through February will be filled with opportunities to celebrate this fifty-year milestone. The first celebration will be on October 7 as we offer an Oktoberfest to our community. Our second celebration will be on October 14. Our Sunday worship services that day will remember Cross View’s first worship service (October 13, 1968). Our third and fourth celebrations will unfold on February 10 (remembering our Charter Sunday February 9, 1969). Celebration worship services will be held on the morning of February 10. A celebration banquet will be held later that day at 4 PM at the Marriott Hotel. The Rev. Dr. Dean Nadasdy will be our keynote speaker. Please plan to be a part of some...or all...of these celebrations as we celebrate our past and look forward to continuing His mission!
Capital Campaign Logo Unveiled
Introducing...our new logo for the Cross View 4.0 – Building for Generations capital campaign!
- The number 4 integrated into the cross is areminder that this is Cross View’s 4th building project.
- The angled crossbar forming the 4 can be perceived as a speed square – a carpenter’s tool.
- The stylized ".0" under the cross is not just about version number, but can also be a reminder of the stone rolled away from the empty tomb or a symbol of young and old generations side-by-side.
- The slogan “Building for Generations” is a triple-entendre:
- With a history of growth and building expansions, we have been building for generations to reach this point.
- We are building a new addition for all generations attending Cross View.
- We are building for future generations to come.
Cross View Connect is our congregation's NEW online directory and resource. It will help our members connect with each other and our staff, and stay informed about upcoming events and activities.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To access Cross View Connect, you must first send by email a unique email address for every adult in your family who would like access to your account. Send that to firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our staff members will get back to you with a username, a password, and easy steps to access the system.
You also may fill out a printed form and drop it off in the church office. Forms will be available at the Connection Center just outside the sanctuary at church.
If you have previously shared an email address with our staff, please still send an email to email@example.com, confirming that the email address we have on record is the one you want to use for this new system.
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
- An easy way to sign up to receive short email updates about events and activities
- An easy way to track and download your personal giving history
- More exciting features will be shared soon
HOW DO I GET THERE?
WHAT ABOUT PRIVACY AND SECURITY?
WILL THERE STILL BE A PRINTED DIRECTORY?
Stacey LaMere Accepts Call to ECC
Stacey LaMere has accepted the Call to serve as the Cross View Early Childhood Center Director.
Stacey’s background includes:
- Attending St. Peter’s Lutheran School - Edina
- Attending Minneapolis Lutheran High School
- B.A. from Concordia University, Portland, Oregon with an Elementary Education major and Math minor
- Middle School teacher and coaching experience in Kansas and Florida – 4 years
- Cross View Early Childhood Center teacher (6 years),
- Assistant Director (3 years), and Interim Director (6 months)
We thank Stacey for her service as the ECC Interim Director and are thrilled that she has accepted this Call and will continue to serve at Cross View!
A Firm Foundation
This fall we begin a new program year under the theme of “A Firm Foundation,” based on 2 Peter 1:5-8. As Peter begins his second letter with encouragement to the early church, he lists the “building” of a firm foundation in Christ. It begins with faith and continues with a list of attributes that will help a Christian in their daily walk of life.
Each month, we will focus on another of the attributes which Peter identifies to build our lives upon; goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, mutual affection and love. We will see how the firm foundation of faith impacts our lives so that we are effective and productive in our knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to help each of us in sharing the Good News with others.
Join us on September 10, as we kick off our new program year, and as we begin the process of building a firm foundation in our spiritual lives. As a part of the morning we will have worship based on the theme of “A Firm Foundation.” During Café Cross View between services, there will be time for learning about different ministries that Cross View has happening this year. Then, on September 17, our year of education classes and activities will begin for us all to grow in our faith as the body of Christ.
Christine Eid Named "Master DCE"
On January 5, 2017, at the NADCE (National Association of Directors of Christian Education) Conference in Orlando, Christine Eid, Cross View's Director of Children's Ministry, received the Master DCE Award! At the biennial National NADCE Conference, this award is given to only one individual tthat exemplifies the following criteria:
Demonstrates strong commitment to serving Jesus
Demonstrates commitment to excellence in meeting the social, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive needs of children, youth, and adults
Active in leadership within congregation
Active in leadership within community
Active in leadership within LCMS District and Synod
Demonstrates passion, vision, creativity, leadership, and commitment to the DCE ministry, the local congregation, and the LCMS
Congratulations on this prestigious honor, Christine! Cross View is incredibly blessed to have you as part of our ministry team!
We are now streaming both Sunday services live at www.crossview.net/live. If you aren’t able to worship with us or have friends and family who want to experience our worship services, this is for you!