Thanksgiving Worship on November 23
Give thanks to the Lord at special Thanksgiving Day worship on Thursday, November 23 at 9:30 AM. The service will also be streamed live at www.crossview.net/live.
Advent and Christmas Worship Schedule
Cross View Connect is our congregation's NEW online directory and resource. It will help our members connect with each other and our staff, and stay informed about upcoming events and activities.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To access Cross View Connect, you must first send by email a unique email address for every adult in your family who would like access to your account. Send that to firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our staff members will get back to you with a username, a password, and easy steps to access the system.
You also may fill out a printed form and drop it off in the church office. Forms will be available at the Connection Center just outside the sanctuary at church.
If you have previously shared an email address with our staff, please still send an email to email@example.com, confirming that the email address we have on record is the one you want to use for this new system.
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
- An easy way to sign up to receive short email updates about events and activities
- An easy way to track and download your personal giving history
- More exciting features will be shared soon
HOW DO I GET THERE?
WHAT ABOUT PRIVACY AND SECURITY?
WILL THERE STILL BE A PRINTED DIRECTORY?
October 8, 3:00 - 6:00 PM
All are invited to a free neighborhood party with great food and a couple things you don’t often see at church: beer (root beer, too) and polka, polka, polka! That's right, a totally legit German Polka Band will be part of the fun. Food and fun activities will be a part of this party, too! What a great way to make new friends and celebrate the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation.
Free food, beer, and root beer
Kids' games and activities
German polka band and sing-a-long
Hurricane Harvey Relief
It has been 12 years since a storm the magnitude (Cat 3+) of Hurricane Harvey has crossed the Texas Coast. The Disaster Relief Coordinator for the Texas District of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod has asked for three things at this time:
1) Please continue to pray for those being affected by this weather: for their safety and peace. Please also include the first responders who must enter dangerous environments.
2) Pray for effective strategies for all relief agencies, including the Texas District Disaster Relief and LCMS Disaster Relief. The Texas District and LCMS Disaster Relief are partnering to work with congregations and communities that are being impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
3) Even though damage assessments are pending, it is certain that money will be needed to assist church workers, church members, and communities in the lengthy recovery process that is ahead. Please consider donating to the Texas District Disaster Relief Fund. One-hundred percent of your gift will be used to assist in the recovery process. Donations can be made in one of two ways. Online donations can be made directly to the Texas District by clicking here. Scroll down to the “Donate now” tab and complete the form. A receipt for donation will be generated by the Texas District. Or you may choose to write a check to Cross View, putting Hurricane Harvey Relief in the memo. Cross View will record your donation and send your donation to the Texas District.
Thanks for your generosity.
Stacey LaMere Accepts Call to ECC
Stacey LaMere has accepted the Call to serve as the Cross View Early Childhood Center Director.
Stacey’s background includes:
- Attending St. Peter’s Lutheran School - Edina
- Attending Minneapolis Lutheran High School
- B.A. from Concordia University, Portland, Oregon with an Elementary Education major and Math minor
- Middle School teacher and coaching experience in Kansas and Florida – 4 years
- Cross View Early Childhood Center teacher (6 years),
- Assistant Director (3 years), and Interim Director (6 months)
We thank Stacey for her service as the ECC Interim Director and are thrilled that she has accepted this Call and will continue to serve at Cross View!
A Firm Foundation
This fall we begin a new program year under the theme of “A Firm Foundation,” based on 2 Peter 1:5-8. As Peter begins his second letter with encouragement to the early church, he lists the “building” of a firm foundation in Christ. It begins with faith and continues with a list of attributes that will help a Christian in their daily walk of life.
Each month, we will focus on another of the attributes which Peter identifies to build our lives upon; goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, mutual affection and love. We will see how the firm foundation of faith impacts our lives so that we are effective and productive in our knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to help each of us in sharing the Good News with others.
Join us on September 10, as we kick off our new program year, and as we begin the process of building a firm foundation in our spiritual lives. As a part of the morning we will have worship based on the theme of “A Firm Foundation.” During Café Cross View between services, there will be time for learning about different ministries that Cross View has happening this year. Then, on September 17, our year of education classes and activities will begin for us all to grow in our faith as the body of Christ.
Christine Eid Named "Master DCE"
On January 5, 2017, at the NADCE (National Association of Directors of Christian Education) Conference in Orlando, Christine Eid, Cross View's Director of Children's Ministry, received the Master DCE Award! At the biennial National NADCE Conference, this award is given to only one individual tthat exemplifies the following criteria:
Demonstrates strong commitment to serving Jesus
Demonstrates commitment to excellence in meeting the social, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive needs of children, youth, and adults
Active in leadership within congregation
Active in leadership within community
Active in leadership within LCMS District and Synod
Demonstrates passion, vision, creativity, leadership, and commitment to the DCE ministry, the local congregation, and the LCMS
Congratulations on this prestigious honor, Christine! Cross View is incredibly blessed to have you as part of our ministry team!
We are now streaming both Sunday services live at www.crossview.net/live. If you aren’t able to worship with us or have friends and family who want to experience our worship services, this is for you!