Building for Generations
Welcome to Cross View 4.0 –
Building for Generations!
The Cross View congregation agreed in January 2018 to move forward with a capital campaign for an addition to the campus that will benefit all generations of the Cross View congregation and the surrounding community. This page will be updated with updates from the Building Committee and the congregation.
Check this page often for news, documents and images.
We continue to move closer to the completion of our project. We anticipate full possession of our spaces by February 26! Here are this week’s construction updates:
- Sanctuary: The sanctuary ceiling is complete! Cleaning has begun so organ work and pew installation can begin on Monday. We expect to be back in the sanctuary in early March. Our Ash Wednesday and Sunday, March 1 services will be held in the new multi-purpose room, which will be called the Great Commission Room.
- Upper area: The main stairway wood ceiling arrived. Installation will be complete by the weekend. This is the last "big ticket" new construction item. The kitchen equipment has been installed and the tile installation is complete. The ceiling in the Great Commission room is in progress. Electronics are being transitioned to the new multi-media Tech Room and connections will first be made to the Great Commission Room in anticipation of our Ash Wednesday services.
- Lower area: This space is almost complete! Remaining work is being done on the main east entrance area.
Reminder: The upper parking lot is closed plus the upper entrance. Enter the lower parking lot from McCauley Trail. The Parking Team and Greeters will be available to guide you up to the sanctuary. When exiting the parking lot, use the Timber Trail driveway.
During the week use Door #4 to enter the building pressing the button labeled "Church". View the Phase 1 Construction Map on the right for details.
The number 4 integrated into the cross is a reminder that this is Cross View’s 4th building project.
The angled crossbar forming the 4 can be perceived as a speed square – a carpenter’s tool.
The stylized ".0" under the cross is not just about version number, but can also be a reminder of the stone rolled away from the empty tomb or a symbol of young and old generations side-by-side.
- With a history of growth and building expansions, we have been building for generations to reach this point.
- We are building a new addition for all generations attending Cross View.
- We are building for future generations to come!
View areas that will be closed versus open
See where Ushers, Greeters, and Connection Center will be during the first phase of construction
PDF of the Building for Generations brochure
A recap of what we are working to achieve and frequently asked questions
PDF containing images of the proposed floor plans for the changes plus illustrations of the exterior and interior perspectives