Building for Generations
Welcome to Cross View 4.0 –
Building for Generations!
The Cross View congregation agreed in January 2018 to move forward with a capital campaign for an addition to the campus that will benefit all generations of the Cross View congregation and the surrounding community. This page will be updated with updates from the Building Committee and the congregation.
Check this page often for news, documents and images.
We are in the final stages of our construction project. All the “big ticket” items are complete and finishing work is in progress. Here is an update of recent activity:
- Sanctuary: The pews returned with minimal damage. Praise break! Work has begun refurbishing the organ. Next steps include re-installing audio and video equipment. We expect to be back in the sanctuary by early March. A reminder that our Ash Wednesday and Sunday, March 1 services will be in the new multi-purpose room, which will be called the Great Commission Room.
- Upper area: Carpet and tile installation is complete. Electronics are being transitioned to the new technology control room. Multi-media connections will extend to the Sanctuary, Great Commission Room, all classrooms and fellowship areas. We will use temporary technology for initial Great Commission Room services.
- Other updates: Multiple inspections started Wednesday and will conclude with a "Temporary Occupancy Certificate" Tuesday, February 25th. Furniture for the new spaces will be installed February 24th and 25th.
Reminder: The upper parking lot is closed plus the upper entrance. Enter the lower parking lot from McCauley Trail. The Parking Team and Greeters will be available to guide you up to the sanctuary. When exiting the parking lot, use the Timber Trail driveway.
Please use the new lower entrance to enter the building.
The number 4 integrated into the cross is a reminder that this is Cross View’s 4th building project.
The angled crossbar forming the 4 can be perceived as a speed square – a carpenter’s tool.
The stylized ".0" under the cross is not just about version number, but can also be a reminder of the stone rolled away from the empty tomb or a symbol of young and old generations side-by-side.
- With a history of growth and building expansions, we have been building for generations to reach this point.
- We are building a new addition for all generations attending Cross View.
- We are building for future generations to come!
View areas that will be closed versus open
See where Ushers, Greeters, and Connection Center will be during the first phase of construction
PDF of the Building for Generations brochure
A recap of what we are working to achieve and frequently asked questions
PDF containing images of the proposed floor plans for the changes plus illustrations of the exterior and interior perspectives