Interim Worship Schedule Effective April 25
To accommodate our growing Sunday morning attendance, the following schedule for Sunday worship and drive-through communion will begin Sunday, April 25:
- 8:00 am Traditional Worship – Sanctuary
- 9:30 am Traditional Worship – Sanctuary
- 9:30 am Education Hour
- 10:45 am Contemporary Worship – Great Commission Room with overflow seating in the Sanctuary
- 12:15 – 12:45 pm Drive-through Communion (2nd and 4th Sundays)
Registration for This Week's Worship
Cross View offers onsite worship each Sunday morning. Traditional worship is offered in the sanctuary at 8:00 AM and 9:30 AM. Contemporary worship is offered in the Great Commission Room at 10:45 AM. Communion is offered in both services on the second and fourth Sundays. During Lent, midweek Wednesday worship is also offered.
Due to the current COVID-19 occupancy restrictions, every person who attends needs to pre-register via CV Connect. You will need to sign up each week. Registration is available starting on Monday six days prior to the service.
We have streamlined the process so that a single link allows you to sign up for either worship service or drive-through communion. Just follow these simple steps:
- Click here to register for this Sunday's worship.
- Select the attendees and click the Next button.
- For worship dates with multiple services, use the dropdown menu to select one of the options and then click the "Next" button. For example, for a Sunday morning with communion, these options would be available:
- 8:00 Worship
- 9:30 Worship
- 10:45 Worship
- Drive-Through Communion
- Confirm your choice on the last page by clicking the "Register" button.
- To attend more than one of the options, or to register some family members for one option and other family members for a different option, just repeat Steps 1 – 4.
Please remember that we will need to abide by certain restrictions such as wearing masks, social distancing, singing only quietly while masked, etc. In addition, temperatures will be taken at the door. The full list of COVID-19 safety measures is available here.
If you in a high-risk category or do not feel comfortable worshiping in person for any other reason, we will offer live streams of Sunday morning. services. In addition, we will offer drive-through communion in the parking lot on the second and fourth Sundays, 12:15 - 12:45 PM. Register for drive-through communion using the process explained above.
EasterFest 2021 Goes Virtual!
EasterFest is going virtual this year! This family Easter event walks you through the story of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection as it happened during the week. You will begin with Palm Sunday (the Sunday before Easter). You’ll learn about the Lord’s Supper on Thursday, then the crucifixion on Good Friday, and Jesus’ resurrection on Easter.
An Opening Video for the day
- A “Station” Video (e.g. Palm Sunday or Easter)
- Craft and/or snack videos
- A PDF with a prayer, "Digging Deeper Questions" for the day, and a supply list for any activities, snacks, or crafts
We look forward to sharing with you this virtual version of EasterFest!
Children’s & Youth Sunday School Returns To In-Person Starting March 7
Sunday school classes are returning to in-person lessons on Sunday, March 7th, during the Education Hour. This is an exciting time to be bringing so many people back into the building! To help provide a safe environment, our COVID-19 Policy has been updated with these procedures regarding Onsite/In-Person Sunday School:
- Masks must be worn by Sunday School teachers at all times.
- Masks must be worn by any children/youth age 3 or older attending Sunday School while in the classrooms. Note: Cross View’s mask policy states anyone age 5 or older must wear a mask at all times when inside the building. That general rule will remain in effect for worship or other times that children are in the building, but to provide the safest Sunday School classroom experience, the mask requirement applies to age 3 or older.
- Children in the Little Lambs class are not required to wear masks.
- Drop-off and pick-up will happen at the classrooms.
- Children younger than Junior High will not be allowed to leave until a parent comes to pick them up.
- Junior & Senior High youth can leave once they are dismissed.
- All Sunday School participants will use hand sanitizer on the way into and out of class.
- All supplies necessary for class will be in each classroom and ready for use.
- Disinfecting wipes will be supplied in each classroom to clean any nonperishable craft supplies after their use.
We are doing our best to keep all of Cross View’s membership safe and healthy. Please adhere to the guidelines above as you make your return to Sunday School.
Children's Ministry Nominations
Cross View is looking for a Children's Minister who will build on our excellent existing program with vision and innovation and lead our ministries to the next level. If you would like to nominate someone for our full-time Director of Children's Ministry position, please share that information by filling out this nomination form. The nomination deadline is April 5.
Fall Schedule and Ministry Programming
We are excited to announce our 2020 schedule and major ministry programming, listed below. Please keep in mind that we will continue to monitor developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic throughout the fall. We will re-assess the situation after Thanksgiving, giving attention to what is happening in neighboring school districts and the community at large. We will also gather information from our congregation to assess schedules and programming that will make sense after the first of the year.
The following schedule begins on September 13.
Worship – We will offer two services and an adult education hour. Current social-distancing protocols will continue. Starting in September, temperatures will be taken as you enter the building.
- 8:15 am: Traditional Worship – Sanctuary & live stream
- 9:30 am: Adult Bible Study – Onsite & online (Click here for details about adult Bible Studies)
- 10:45 am: Contemporary Worship – Great Commission Room & live stream
- 12:15–1:00 pm: Drive-Through Communion 2nd & 4th Sundays
Children’s Ministry – All programming & classes will be at home.
- No Wednesday evening programming this fall
- Early Elementary (age 2–2nd grade): Resources at home on Sunday
- Upper Elementary (grades 3–6): Family online study on Sunday, based on C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Youth Ministry – Programming will be a hybrid of online and onsite offerings.
- Sunday mornings: Online Bible study for Jr. & Sr. High Youth
- Sunday evenings: Hybrid of online and onsite gatherings of Jr. & Sr. High Youth
- Wednesday evenings: 7th & 8th-grade confirmation online and onsite offerings each week.
- Events will be offered that are “social-distance” friendly
Adult Ministry – Programming will be a hybrid of onsite & online offerings.
- Sunday mornings: Onsite & online offerings
- Wednesday evenings: Onsite
- Thursday mornings: Online
- Small group options: Group-determined